Navigating In Zoom
Note: If you are an experienced Zoom user, this should be review only.
Video: Using the Zoom Instructional Video Library
- Make sure you have a camera and microphone connected. Laptops including these are great. Otherwise you will have to provide them.
- Click on Zoom icon on your desktop
- On Zoom application home (with big clock), click on "Meetings"
- On Zoom meetings page, your personal meeting ID is shown at the top left. Make a note of it.
- Click on "Start", near middle of page
- You will get white box. Click on "Join with Computer Audio"
- You will get a larger screen, either showing your video, or a black screen. If your system does not have a camera or cannot find one, the black
screen is the default.
- Right click anywhere in the screen. Choose "rename". In the box, change your name to firstname callsign i.e. Mitch W1SJ. Nothign else, please! This is important!
- Test your audio: Move cursor to bottom. Look for "mute" button. Click on the caret next to mute.
- Click on "Test Speaker and Microphone" Confirm that everything works
- Test your video: Move cursor to bottom. Look for "start video" button. If there is a slash through it, click on it to turn on video
- If your video is working, you are good. Otherwise, click on the caret next to "start video" to check video settings
- Using chat: Move cursor to bottom. Look for "Chat" button and click on it
- NEVER NEVER send a chat to "Everyone" Folks will not like you very much. Direct your message to one person only.
- Breakout Rooms: Move cursor to bottom right and look for "Breakout Rooms". Click on the room you are interested in and in a short while
you will be transferred to that room
This link below will take you to the Zoom Instructional Video Library. We recommend you view the following:
Zoom Video Library
- Join A Meeting
- Meeting Controls
- Breakout Rooms